Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tasty Tuesdays!!!




Everyone loves dessert. If you are a single parent and you've had a long day at work, the last thing you want to do is go home and cook dinner yet alone a dessert too. I will post a tasty treat that is cheap and easy to make every Tuesday to add to your dinner. I remember the topic at the dinner table always got a lot better when the dessert was brought out. Maybe it is the extra sugar in a sweet treat or just the extra time you get to spend together as a family but dessert always helped make a good meal better.

Today's meal is hamburger boats. You will need:
1 pound of hamburger
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 package of hot dog buns
1 bag of Swiss shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Step 1: Brown pound of hamburger and drain extra grease
Step 2: Combine can of cream of mushroom soup to hamburger
Step 3: Fill hot dog buns about half full with hamburger mix and cover with Swiss cheese, place on baking sheet and put in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted

Serves -  4
Cost  - about $8
Prep Time - 20 minutes

I always served hamburger boats with tator tots but you can serve any side dish you please.

                                     Photo credit: Huffington Post

An added tasty treat is Fruit Smoothies

You need:

1 bag of frozen fruit - My family likes the berry mix
Milk

Step 1: place 1 cup of frozen fruit in blender
Step 2: place 2 cups of milk in blender and blend mixture to desired texture

Makes 1 serving or 8 oz.

I always served smoothies in bright fun cups and added crazy straws

I would love to hear about your favorite tasty treats.
For more budget friendly recipes check out Budget Bytes


2 comments:

  1. I really like the hamburger boat idea! I would love to add other things to the sandwich(?) as well, such as cheeseburger toppings. I really love this recipe though, it seems super easy and quick to do.
    The smoothie recipe would have been great to use earlier in the summer when it was nice and hot out! I will have to remember that for next year, thank you for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These smoothies sound delicious!I loved the frozen fruit idea because I think its great they you use real fruit instead of mix. This also ads a chill to the smoothie so their is no need to ad ice and water your smoothie down!! I am for sure going to try this idea!

    ReplyDelete