Sunday, October 2, 2016

Picture of the Day



Life is busy. It is hard juggling all the responsibilities of being an adult. It can especially be hard if you are a single parent. Too many times we get so busy doing the menial task of parenting that we forget the most important part and that is just spending time with our children. As the stress of housework, jobs and bills continues to pile up, we find that once things settle down in the evening, there is not enough time or energy left to give to our kids.

I love this picture because if shows a picture that I think we all dream about. It would be so nice to just push the worries of the world aside and spend time with our kids. It is a joyful but rare time to get these moments of pure bliss. It took me awhile to learn that the dishes and laundry can wait. I can feed my kids without spending hours making the meal. Our children are only little for a short time and if imperative we spend time with them and just enjoy them. I promise the daily tasks will still be there long after the kids are gone but the memories you make with your children will be there long after you are gone. There are a lot of fun games and crafts you can do with your kids. I encourage you to start taking time every day and just enjoy your children. I would love for you to share your family memories and some of your favorite activities you share with your kids on this post.

Image credit

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love your picture. It makes me feel calm at at easy just looking at it. I personally do not have any kids of my own but I do have younger siblings and a 2 yr old godson that I love to prepare meals for so I just know I'm going to love your blog. I am currently teaching my younger siblings , Rainier 14 and Imani 14, how to cook simple easy meals and it is a struggle. My little sister catches on really easily but my brother is a whole other story. He is constantly burning the eggs when we make breakfast and she is a fan of salt. We always eat what he makes though because he tried and that is all that matters I guess. I cannot wait to see what recipes you will be posting on your blog. Thank you (:

    ReplyDelete